Driveway Sealcoating Southeastern Wisconsin

The best way to prolong the life of your asphalt driveway is by sealcoating. Sealcoating minimizes cracking, provides protection from the elements and enhances visual appearance.

Asphalt driveways crack and discolor over time. This happens due to age, weather wear, traffic, etc. The damage process is faster with unsealed driveways. Once cracked or damaged, water from rain or snow fall will seep into the base and cause more damage. This can cause larger cracks or alligator cracks. It is sped up by the freeze and thaw cycle of the Midwest.

Sealing your driveway provides protection from this by sealing the pores of the porous material. By closing those pores, water is not able to penetrate as quickly.

Benefits of Sealcoating in Kenosha County:

The main benefit is the added protection that prolongs the life of your asphalt. It can prevent early replacement being necessary. Sealing your driveway can also enhance the appearance. It reduces fading and can make it look brand new again for a longer time. Sealing your driveway also allows for easier upkeep. You can clean oil or leaks from your vehicles much easier because the pores are sealed.

Hiring a Sealcoating Contractor

Some homeowners choose to seal their driveway on their own. This isn’t recommended because it is very important the right materials are used and it is done right. Sealing your driveway can be a decent sized investment and it would be unfortunate to invest and then not have it done properly. You also want to be sure to prevent any accidental further damage. Once you decided to hire a contractor to seal coat your driveway – you should ask the following questions:

• What kind of sealant do you use?
    Yes there are different kinds with different benefits and/or downsides.
  • How do you spread the sealer?

Yes, there are different ways to spread the sealer, and contractors that cut corners or take the easy route can cause sealing puddles or overlay

• Will you repair existing cracks before applying the sealer?
    With larger cracks it is important to start with crack filling before sealing.
  • When can you start my sealcoating project?
    It is important to have your sealcoating done when the weather is adequate. Typically anything over 60-65 degrees is suitable
  • Are you insured?

Armored Sealcoating will be happy to answer any questions you have. We also apply 2 coats EVERY TIME, even on residential seal coating projects. Our number one goal is to extend the life of your asphalt to the fullest. Quality is never underrated.

Contact Armored Sealcoating for your free asphalt sealcoating estimate today.

11 replies
  1. Jay J
    Jay J says:

I am really impressed with the picture that is used to illustrate asphalt. Now that I think about it, my best bud has a seal coated driveway! It is always super smooth to drive on and I don’t think they’ve had to do much to maintain it for a couple of years now.

2. Willie
    Willie says:

Fantastiv write up, we deal with freezing issues all the time here in central PA. You did a great job explaining how sealing the driveway fills in the pores, most people don’t realize that’s exactly how you keep water and chemicals out, just seal it up!

3. Violette
    Violette says:

Thanks for mentioning that sealcoating the driveway can prevent damages so you don’t have to replace it. I just had my driveway paved, and I don’t want to have to do it for a while. Maybe I should have it sealed so I won’t have to worry about replacement for a long time.

4. Marcus
    Marcus says:

I appreciate you mentioning how seal coating your asphalt can help it last longer. It is important to remember that understanding how seal coating works can help you find the best way to protect your floor investment and have it look great and durable. We are planning on paving our driveway and a friend mentioned how we needed to seal it, so I’m glad I found your post.

5. Spencer
    Spencer says:

I was not aware of the benefits in sealing your asphalt. I like how sealing your driveway can enhance its appearance and make it look brand new again. I’ll keep this in mind, should we decide to change our driveway to asphalt. Thanks for sharing!

6. Michael
    Michael says:

Thank you for explaining the importance of seal coating your driveway. One thing that I liked that you said was that seal coating can not only make your driveway look better, but it will help protect it from cracks. With the winter coming, my wife and I want to fix our driveway so that we do not have to worry about it cracking even more. Thanks again!

7. Jordan
    Jordan says:

My parents were talking to me about getting some driveway sealing, which I think would be really helpful. I’m glad you talked about being able to hire a sealcoating contractor, which I think would be better than trying to do it on my own. I’m going to have to try to get some good driveway sealing done, and take care of any problems we might have!

8. Kairi
    Kairi says:

Thanks for the information about hiring a sealcoating contractor. I like that you say to ask about the application and the type of sealant they use. Then I can be sure that I will end up with a finish that will last as long as possible.

9. Jay
    Jay says:

Does this have any effect on the surrounding asphalt? I want to know just so I don’t damage it even more. I have been thinking about doing it by myself, but I am not quite sure how. Thanks for explaining this. I think I’ll start my search for a contractor right now!

10. Kenneth
    Kenneth says:

If you are going to invest in paving you should do all you can to get the most out of it. You mention that sealcoating can add years to the lifespan. When we build our custom home this year we will remember this.

11. Joy B
    Joy B says:

I agree that it important you have your driveway sealed by a professional. I think that this kind of obvious, but clearly people ignore the advice. I would for sure use a professional to seal my driveway.

Comments are closed.